Friday 6 July 2012

The Curious Case of The Synagogue and the Talking Mice

On a trip somewhere, I'm assuming Israel, we look at some old ruins. One of these old ruins is actually still in use as a synagogue or a place where deeply religious Jews stay, and is partly carved out of a hill or mountain.

We are greeted by a Rabbi in what appears to be an old classroom where he gives a presentation. I'm not taking a great deal of notice as I sit on the incredibly uncomfortable bench. It is cold here.

Later the Rabbi shows us around the sleeping quarters, which are via a number of cramped tunnels that we have to climb through into a dormitory, and have a look around at the old bunks.

I am amazed by the number of trained mice wearing strange little costumes that help to keep the place running. Eventually the mice and I have a nice conversation about how things are going around the synagogue.

Doesn't seem like much but I swear this dream lasted all night!

But what does it all mean?

No comments :

Post a Comment