Friday 21 June 2013

Poor mousey

The scene opened in the back garden. Exciting I know. The fat balls that the birds consume in insane quantities needed refilling. Probably related to the amount of wildlife we seem to have in the garden.

While doing so I noticed a small netted box with a couple of the balls inside. On investigating I noticed a lovely ickle mouse had been trapped inside without access to water. It didn't look too well and had gone grey and some of its fur seemed to have fallen out.

Upon removing the netting the mouse climbed out.

Concerned about the poor little bugger, and also totally curious about watching a mouse drink water because I'm cool, I picked him back up and took him into the garage where I planned on finding him something to drink from.

I tried keeping him in the box but he did a strange and uncharacteristic backwards leap into the garage where I had no chance of seeing him again.

And then I woke up.

I realise that capturing the little bugger just to quench my curiosity may be construed as a little cruel, but I only wanted to watch him have a little drinky then I was going to let him into the garden again, honest!

I also realise that a mouse can probably find its own water.

But what does it all mean?

No comments :

Post a Comment