Friday 19 July 2013

Hiding from the boss

I arrived at a place I used to work and started walking through the factory as a short-cut to where I wanted to be. I was not wearing the necessary safety equipment so I was trying to get through as quickly as possible.

Part way through my old boss caught me and showed me to another supervisor, who then showed me what I would be doing that day. It was at this point that I remembered that I do actually work here and the bosses didn't bother trying to find out where I had been all this time.

I was wearing my "decent" clothes so I was concerned about them being ruined.  Nonetheless I got on with my job, as jobs are rare these days, which seemed to involve bending metal for no particularly obvious reason.

I got bored of that and the next thing I knew I was on my motorbike in the car park. Only the front of the building was no longer a factory, more of a hotel lobby.

I saw my boss, and the other chap, coming out of the building so I hid so that he wouldn't see that I was skiving. I started my bike, which isn't a quiet animal, and rode it out of the car park past the bosses, in the hope they wouldn't see me.

I had originally had a plan but I cannot remember what it was. This work lark was a nuisance that got in the way.

I returned to the car park, making sure to take the back entrance, with some yummy food. I then returned to my job and continued as if nothing had happened.

Then I woke up, perplexed.

But what does it all mean?

No comments :

Post a Comment